Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Let The Spirit Move You

Just got back from an early evening walk here in Hudson. It already feels like spring today, with temperatures in the low 70s! You can even hear the peepers and critters already stirring about... so much for the winter that never really was...


I've got several things going on at the moment, between planning for the wedding, my design class, and a couple new creative opportunities that people are asking me about. Still, there never seems to be enough hours in the day. Tonight I'm trying to wrap up my playlist for the My Exit stint with WEXT.


With John and Matt from Delta Spirit, Albany, NY, May 2009.
Photo ©Jeremy Clowe. All rights reserved.
One of the bands that will be there is Delta Spirit, one of my favorite acts to come along in recent years. California must be the new place to find bands, as we have Fitz & The Tantrums from L.A., and the Spirit hail from San Diego. The band is releasing their self-titled new album today, and I actually happened to win a copy from a local radio station this afternoon... just to make the day sweeter! The Spirit is a pretty soulful band, and the new songs sound promising... although I keep wondering if they will ever be able to top the brilliance of Ode To Sunshine, my absolute favorite album of 2008. 


I understand that they recorded the new album in nearby Woodstock, New York, in an old converted church from the 19th century (similar to what is going on in Hudson). We love the vibe of Woodstock, so I'm curious to see how it has made its presence felt on the album. Sarah and I had a chance to meet Delta Spirit a couple years ago when they played in Albany, and I keep thinking that they would be a great act to interview for my show... we'll see if I can make it happen.





Band website: http://deltaspirit.net

No comments:

Post a Comment