Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Just My Type

A little bit of soul... getting there!
©Jeremy Clowe. All rights reserved.

I had the last of my graphic design classes tonight at The Art Center−we continued working on our logos. I tell you, I will never again take logos or type for granted... it is really challenging! I'm still trying to figure out the right font and arrangement of elements, but feel like I am making some progress. My instructor offered to give me a critique later on, which was nice... it sounds like there might be a chance to do some work with his company down the line as well. 


We had the movie Helvetica playing in the background. 
I had rented this film before, and found it interesting to learn about the development, popularity, backlash and comeback of the ever-present font. What was cool about seeing the film again, was to now recognize many of the names and work we had covered in the class: Milton Glaser, Stefan Sagmeister... I'll probably watch it once more just to get perspective on and summarize all that I have learned. 


I'm really happy that I took this course−there's still much to learn, but I feel progress and skills I will be able to use. I will definitely check out The Arts Center again−it feels like a bit of an undiscovered gem in the Capital Region.




No comments:

Post a Comment