Friday, March 30, 2012

Day Planners

Sarah and I haven't hired a wedding planner, but I can see why many couples go that route... planning for the big day can be a lot of work.

No, it's mainly been me and her (especially her) taking care of preparations, with some generous financial assistance from our parents. It has been both fun and, at times, a little overwhelming, but I guess such is life... this is actually a good practice run for decisions we'll need to make as a married couple (with hopefully less envelopes). 



Our wedsite: ©JC+SK. All rights reserved.
We created our invitations, and they have been sent (which is a relief!). I was proud of our collaborative approach to the design-- we seem to have similar tastes, so that's a good sign. We also put together a "wedsite," which mirrors some of the visual elements featured on the invitations (my graphic design teacher would be proud). I'm going to keep working on the site over the next few months to add more visual, written and interactive appeal for our guests... I may even throw in some video clips (somewhere I have old footage of us returning, one year later, to where we first met). It has been fun putting the site together... I have been wanting to create a proper website for my creative endeavors, so this gives me a chance to play around with some of the architecture and ideas that would be involved.


Finally, we placed an order for our rings today! It's all coming together, even if it has taken us longer than expected in some cases. But they say you should cherish this time... it's fun trying to plan such a big party, and I appreciate this extra opportunity to be creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment